a master plan
it has the purpose of tying goals and strategies that act on different levels in order to achieve a unified result.
Not a new set of constraints, or a superposition of choices and priorities.Quite a thread to support decision making for the implementation of the transformations of the territory
The Tourism Management Plan is drawn according to a uniform methodology (STeMA), shared and coordinated.
The Tourism Management Plan ensures an exchange of knowledge and virtuous practices that enhance the global ability of the cultural system.
The Tourism Management Plan should not be confused with the Development Program, with the measures or structural and/or promotion actions or with the tools for urban planning.
The Management Plan has its own autonomy and a procedure that aims to establish a model of development based on local culture but also for planning activities to meet the demands of UNESCO.
The spatial plans may be useful sources for the preparation of the Management Plan.The same planning instruments can be corrected and guided by the strategies of the Management Plan.
The Management Plan defines how to manage the cultural, historical and enviromental resources, and it is able to guide the choices of urban planning and economic cohesion by knowledge, active conservation and enhancement.
The Tourism Management Plan
to coordinate all other schedules for:
- Keep the integrity of the value that have allowed the registration to the World Heritage List;
- Redefine and make compatible a local process shared by multiple parties and authorities to combines the protection and preservation with the integrated development of the resources of the area.
a management system that :
- Arrives at an integrated level analisys of the condition of the places, identifying the forces of change;
- Considers future scenarios trough goals;
- Assesses the likely impacts on the local system;
- Choose strategic projects to achieve the goal set;
- Checks the achievements of the objectives trough a series of indicators that implement systematic monitoring of results over time.
a “declaration of principles”
Trough it, the authorities responsable for the management of the sites are committed towards UNESCO.
The document :
- Provides infor on the state of the art of cultural heritage;
- Identifies problems to be solved for the conservation and enhancement;
- Select how to implement a system of actions, a policy of sustainable local development which systematically measures the results.